It may not look like much from the outside, but it's quickly transforming from the inside out. Hopefully, with the help of DIY Network's Desperate Landscapes (fingers crossed), we will make her outside match the beauty within. I'll post a tour of the inside very soon.
Next up, The Kids:
Bogart is our baby. He's a year and a half old and the canine version of Dennis the Menace. He can find trouble anywhere. His favorite activities are: stealing tissues and dry sheets, running in circles around the coffee table, barking at the neighbors, and pestering his feline siblings.
Tiger (above) came to us by way of my father-in-law the day we moved into the house. He's a chubby guy, but considers himself to be one of the studliest of cats around. He has a short temper and has been known to use our carpet as a restroom if he's not allowed to go outside.
Shena (below) has been with me since sophomore year of college. We've been through a lot together, and she has endured it all with relatively little complaint. She has the diva tendencies of a Jennifer Lopez and the compulsion to steal of a Winona Ryder (I often find that I'm missing hairbands, earrings, and pens which I later find buried either in our sheets or under a rug).
Last, but not least, us:
Me and the hubs (Asturg and Msturg to our friends) were met in 2005. We did the long distance thing for a couple years while I went to grad school in Chicago. We were married on 10.4.08 and loving married life. I work in fundraising for a nonprofit and teach at a university, and Msturg is a mechanical engineer. We are huge movie buffs and spend a great deal of spare time laying around watching movie after movie. Msturg is very handy and completed most of the work in our house all by himself. We have not hired a contractor for any project other than installing the Corian countertop.There you have it. There will be much more to come as we continue to tack project after project.

No comments:
Post a Comment