Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Predictions

The Academy Awards are this evening and being the movie buff that I am, I'd like to make my predictions. Unfortunately, I have not seen many of the movies nominated (mostly because movies are so damn expensive these days), but I think I can make some judgement calls just the same.

Actor in a leading role - I'm torn between Sean Penn for Milk and Brad Pitt for Benjamin Button. My gut is saying Brad Pitt.

Actor in a supporting role - Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. I loved him in this role, and I think the Academy wants to reach out to the populace.

Actress in a leading role - Kate Winslet in The Reader. I just saw this film yesterday, and she is fantastic. Such a moving performance (as much as a Nazi can be moving.)

Actress in a supporting role - I haven't seen any of these performances but I'm going with Marissa Tomei based on what I've heard.

Best Animated Feature - Wall-E (LOVE IT!)

Best Picture - Slumdog Millionaire

There are my predictions for the big ones. Now it's time to wait and see how I faired. Good Luck to all the nominees. It was a great year for movies.

No comments: