A few weeks ago, I decide to jump head first into our office project. This room has been neglected since the day we moved - transformed from home office to giant storage room and litter box facility. After spending an hour boxing everything up and stacking it in the guest room, my first task was the nasty '70's carpet seen here (a pic from the final walk through - the last day the floor was
visible).

After removing all the carpet, I found the most glorious 70's linoleum I've ever seen.

Luckily, it easily pulled up - along with the equally hideous layer underneath.

I pulled all of it up, but without a giant trash can, I felt the best solution was to through the pieces out the back window and pick it up when I finished. Which is what I began doing until I came face-to-face with two of these guys hiding under a piece of the linoleum.

This is not
the snake, of course, I didn't have my wits about me enough to photograph the little bugger. Instead, I screamed, shrieked, did a little
creeped out dance, and ran in the house. The linoleum could wait for
Msturg to get home.
I'm now exhausted but happy to see a clear and non-disgusting floor.

I think we plan to sand it and paint it a dark brown. What do you think?
1 comment:
why would you paint it? beautiful hardwood floors should be stained, imo.
but, i bet you feel awesome after all that great work to unearth the wonderful floors!
Post a Comment