Tuesday, May 19, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

That's what my latest Craigslist score is in dire need of. I found this beauty this morning on Craigslist for $40.


Msturg and I both immediately saw the potential and decided to give this beautiful buffet a new lease on life at our casa. I had been looking for a buffet for quite a while. I wanted something inexpensive (we're on a budget people) and wide/tall enough to fit below the stained glass window without looking puny. This one fits the bill. I love the lines of it, and it completely fits the craftsman vibe we have throughout the house. However, we'd hoped for one with feet or legs because it will be sitting on top of our air return, so that may have to be fixed when we refinish it.



Sure it needs some TLC, but it's nothing that a little refinishing action, new hardware and a new pane of glass (since one broke in transport . . .oops!) can't fix.

What do you think? Do you love it as much as I do?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! And I like the idea of adding little bun feet to get the And for $40 you should consider yourself a varsity level craigslister!

XO - Katie
allbowerpower.blogspot.com

jennifer said...

Great find! Love it and I love the window above it!!